It is a movement. A movement to recognize and highlight long-term success and long-term commitment. We’ve started this movement in order to:
- Encourage individuals to continue to make the effort and have influence past what the mainstream press has decided is “over the hill”
- Show how strong performers can continue to have impact by socializing new ideas and new efforts across industries and career verticals
- Help older workers find work by promoting the impact they have had on organizations
- Provide HR professionals with data on the impact of older workers on organizations
- Provide hiring managers with rationale for higher older workers when challenged by internal staff
In other words – make it known that over 50 is the new under 40.